View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #76
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed View Post
Those wire looms are the coolest thing I have seen .. congrats on a great idea.
Thanks, The plug wires came in yesterday, so I went ahead and put htem in the looms. I have to find my other pack of grommets before I can put the last wire in, though. The grommets from NAPA come in packs of 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
The "ear" on my trans got in the way about the same as yours; I had to trim both the exhaust flange, and the trans piece just a bit to get them to clear each other. I have tbss manifolds, but the exit location is very similar.
These headers didn't come with collectors. Nobody in my hometown carries 2.5" collectors. I can get 3" collectors from Auto Zone. My wife had a doctor appointment last Monday in Knoxville, so I went to a performance shop to get the collectors. I must have bothered the old man there because he was kinda rude, then I got home to find out they were 3" collectors, so I'm hoping to get a chance to get back up there to exchange them soon. The exhaust shop that will connect the pipes said they can build a new flange, so they may be able to route it over the trans. "ear" without making too many mods.

Also, I plan to have the headers connected to the exhaust using flex couplers. There's two reasons for this. 1: To releive stress on the rest of the exhaust from engine movement and vibration. 2: To make things look better. It should look like I intended to have it done that way instead of having pipes welded together and look like it was modified. Yes, that's being picky, but that's why I live up to the name of Slick68.

I mounted my fuel pump a couple weeks ago, but never took pics. I still need to run fuel lines, though.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote