View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #92
BigDan3131

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
Thanks, The plug wires came in yesterday, so I went ahead and put htem in the looms. I have to find my other pack of grommets before I can put the last wire in, though. The grommets from NAPA come in packs of 7.

These headers didn't come with collectors. Nobody in my hometown carries 2.5" collectors. I can get 3" collectors from Auto Zone. My wife had a doctor appointment last Monday in Knoxville, so I went to a performance shop to get the collectors. I must have bothered the old man there because he was kinda rude, then I got home to find out they were 3" collectors, so I'm hoping to get a chance to get back up there to exchange them soon. The exhaust shop that will connect the pipes said they can build a new flange, so they may be able to route it over the trans. "ear" without making too many mods.

Also, I plan to have the headers connected to the exhaust using flex couplers. There's two reasons for this. 1: To releive stress on the rest of the exhaust from engine movement and vibration. 2: To make things look better. It should look like I intended to have it done that way instead of having pipes welded together and look like it was modified. Yes, that's being picky, but that's why I live up to the name of Slick68.

I mounted my fuel pump a couple weeks ago, but never took pics. I still need to run fuel lines, though.

Have you ever used one of those Carter pumps before? I find them very noisy without any insulation to isolate them from the frame. Will your exhaust be in that same place? You should just fab up a mount to place it near the tank but on the inside of the framerail away from heat because you really don't want to boil your fuel do you? Sorry to seem like a pest but, do you not have a large fuel filter like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-3140/.
BigDan3131 is offline   Reply With Quote