View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
silversvs

"Silver's '59 build thread"

Hi All,

Been lurking for a while now, but wanted to ask a few questions.

My girlfriend and I picked up a '59 Apache 3100 a while back and have been collecting pieces in order to start are rebuild on it. Last weeekend we found a '59 Apache 3600 at a price we couldn't pass up, so we grabbed it. It has a blown motor and has been sitting for a few years.

The 3100 (we are naming her Bonnie) has a great running 6 in it with a 5speed out of an S-10. The 3600 (he will be Clyde) has a bad motor. We have a 350 that is going in Bonnie and she is going to get a Mustang II front end and a new rear end. So we plan to just pull all the ruunning gear out of Bonnie and put it all in Clyde.

Here's where my questions come in. Can someone point me to some reference material for all the differences between the 3100 and the 3600? Anything significant I need to be worried about for this change over? The 3600 has a heater/defroster in it. Was this an option or is it likely to be aftermarket?

Any and all advice is appreciated. We haven't played with the old trucks yet, so this is all new to us.

Of course I know you want pictures so I will toss a few in.

Thanks, John

Here is Clyde in all his glory
Attached Images

silversvs is offline   Reply With Quote