View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 12:31 AM   #3
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Today is mine and my trucks birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425HP409 View Post
My Dad bought my truck on May 11th, 1968 as shown on the enclosed sales invoice. I was also born on May 11th! I guess it was destiny that I would wind up with the truck after my brother had it for a while.

My Dad had a farm and GM had a payment plan for farmers to pay once every quarter as shown on the invoice. This way a payment could be made after a livestock sale or crop sale.

It was originally a 307 Powerglide truck with tinted windshield, AM radio, chrome front bumper, chrome side trim and deep cushion seat when my dad bought it. I installed Power Steering on it not too soon after he bought it. Then came power brakes. He had an underdash AC installed. In 1979 I installed a 350 in it.

Since I got it, I have restored it. I had it painted inside and out, new wood bed, all tinted glass and Buddy Buckets. I installed factory AC vents during the restoration. Then I installed a front and rear sway bars, positraction, front disc, rear disc, front bumper guards, Tilt, AM-FM and a TH 700 R4. I am in the process of installing Factory AC and a period correct 396 with all correct brackets.

I will then be finished with it.

Happy Birthday to me and "Greenie"
Hey, Happy Birthday to you!
Mine is May 16th.
I bought my Orange Sunshine in June of 1973, so that will be 50 years for Us.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote