View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #10
davepl

Re: Consigning a vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't have that social issue
No, you have your own issues, I just don't mention them or label other people's preferences as "issues".

I would say you need to spend some years in retail. Your opinion of the general public seems unreasonably high. Get out there and mingle with the masses a bit. I mean the Walmart masses that will be buying your truck.

Maybe you love dealing with all factions of the truck buying public, and that's great. I value my time and would rather pay someone to sell vehicles while I build electronics or put a new float in the front guestroom toilet, but I'm not going to stand around talking to people who come to my house to tell me how little my vehicle that they want to buy is worth, and rub my paint, and so on. I'm glad you enjoy that process, I do not.

Last vehicle I sold, a 1969 Bonneville Brougham, sold for more through consignment than I would have got privately, I know that much. They beat the bushes and found a buyer for a reasonably rare and narrow interest vehicle. That's worth time and money.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote