View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #104
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Not to say I have been procrastinating but I finally got to pull the black 71 in the shop tonight and start the full dismantl. Did not get a whole lot acomplished since I had to soak most everything with blaster. I did get the front clip completely unbolted ready to lift off tomorrow along with the front bumper. !st thing I dd was get all four wheels off it and lower it to the drums/rotors so it was easier to work on. The more I looked at it the more I was convinced it had a 6" spring lift and not a 4". I got the tape measure out and set the weight of the truck back on so I could get an accurate measurement. I measured from the top of the axle tube to the top of the frame in the same exact place on all three blazers. The red one and green one measure 14" and the black one I am taking apart measres 20". So I guess that settles it having a 6" lift. I am almost sure I could have put 44" tires and they would clear. The 38's looked small. I am getting to old for that much lift so I will most likely get rid of it. I hope to get the top off tomorrow as I have a near local member asking about the windshield frame and need to check the hidden part for rot.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote