View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 PM   #98
prorat56

Re: 1972 Medium Blue Highlander Blazer Resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Dwayne - it's a mix, I have 2x wall examples here that use both styles (one each) but the 1x wall tops here (total two) only use those affixed with screws. The hinge covers with the screws are present on both the hatch and the top ends. I like the clean look of the rubber hinge covers. Am curious what's available aftermarket as a hinge cover replacement.

Thanks Brad! I'm reminded of the sleuthing that went into determining the build month for your Blazer. Am sure enough that this K5 is a February build that I've got a blue door VIN tag from Jeff on the way. Another quirk - there is only a high note horn, the low note and pigtail are either missing or were never installed. I don't see evidence that the low note horn was ever installed and a CST should have dual horns. The high note at least works. I wonder if there if there was a big difference in quality control between St. Louis and Flint?

I removed the fuel tank, front bumper, and and the inner fenders. Thank goodness for PB blaster and an impact wrench. The front wheel studs/lug nuts differ in size left to right.

Posting misc pics of the fuel tank, fuel lines, and attachment hardware for reference. The tank is in great shape - not sure if OEM but has a stamped circle surrounding a big letter "A" on the top (hard to photograph).
Hi Pete, It looks like your going to have one awesome Blazer! and I have a question for you about your fuel filler neck hose clamps maybe you have a picture of them? mine are long gone and would like to put the right clamps back on mine. Btw my gas tank has the letter A on top also. Thanks Glenn
prorat56 is offline   Reply With Quote