View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #122
HotRodYJ

Re: Cross Member Drop?

Figure I better update before this thread drops off the radar. Still muddleing thru the body work. I've been making myself work even an hour a month on it, but I'm finally nearing the end. Almost to final primer stage on the cab, doors, front end, etc. Won't be long now I hope.

I scored a complete serpentine belt set-up and accessories off of an 84 Camaro. This give me PS, high output Alt, A/C, etc in a nice clean modern package and best of all it was FREE!!. So I pulled out my York compressor and started looking for a serp pulley for it. Too much money to buy new so I looked at other options. I ended up taking the smog pump pulley (from the Camaro set-up) and it happens to be almost the same size as the York V-belt pulley. Took it to my Dad's lathe and cut the outer ring off of the spare serpentine pullley, then turned down the OD of the V-belt York pully so the serp outer ring would slip on it and welded them together. Took 30 minutes, worked like a charm and saved me even more money. Luckily both pulleys where nice heavy solid units and not the cheap sheet metal pulleys. Made me some homemade mounts and the York now resides on the front of my motor awaiting a new longer belt.

With any luck, in two weeks I hope to order the sheet metal for bed sides and rear fender extension pieces so we can really see what this thing is going to look like for real.

My junk: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=480902

Last edited by HotRodYJ; 10-15-2009 at 01:42 PM.
HotRodYJ is offline   Reply With Quote