Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #171
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

This weekend has been a busy one, and I have not had much time for the internets.

Drove home on Friday after I was done with classes so I could put the solenoid back in. Got the solenoid back in, but was not getting power to the solenoid even though the relay was clicking. I had used the relay that was still bolted to the truck. Once the sun went down, I was too cold to continue working outside, so I went in for the night.

Saturday morning, I sold the Chevy Luv center caps that I mistakenly bought for my truck rallies. Made 10 bucks off of them, so that was nice.

After that, I tested the old relay and confirmed that it was bad. I tested the relay that came with the transmission, and thankfully it still worked. Plugged it up and took the truck on a test drive.

Test drive of about 5 miles went well with no issues, so I decided to risk it for the biscuit and drive back to Milledgeville that evening. Loaded up the stuff I needed and hit the road around 4. Had a couple of stops to make for some friends who needed stuff from home, so I ended up rolling in to Milledgeville a couple minutes after 7.

Frankentruck performed great, and it was super nice to be able to cruise down the interstate without feeling like the engine would sling a rod out the side of the block

I still need to figure out if the speedo is accurate (yes, I also need a new odometer, but that will happen eventually).

I definitely got better MPGs with the overdrive. Frankentruck feels like a whole new truck, and I am excited to see what road trips I will go on next.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote