View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 12:17 AM   #6
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Take a look at the holes in the pump arm, & as the link rod moves closer to the carb body by swapping holes, it should raise the acc pump up in the carb to give a bigger shot & vice versa. As the link rod is moved away from the carb the acc pump sits lower in the carb. As far as the step up springs, my 383 seems to work best with the stock orange springs, & does pull pretty good vacumn(16.5" @ idle). From what I gather from edelbrocks tuning info, a flat spot in the powerband that cant be tuned by jetting, can sometimes be "cleaned up " by swapping the stepup springs. The only way I know , is to swap the springs, & test run.Orange are 5 hg, Pink are 7 hg, & silver are 8hg. the yellow & blue springs are 3 & 4 hg, & more used for low vac situation with a large cam.You can get the spring kit separetly, or in a tuning kit with jets & rods. Edelbrock 's site has a lot of good tuning info on the carb . Good luck,crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote