View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #18
71'tahoe

Re: 1967 C-50 Dump truck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Other than possibly the brakes, what's wrong with it for that purpose as is?

If you're going to make that many changes, seems like you would be better starting with a newer truck, since there won't be much of the original truck left.

But Achhh! I would love to drop a good running 292 into my C-20!
Basically the brakes, no power steering, cracked manifold and super low gear coupled with the hard to find repair parts for the two speed rear axle. Also it has 20" wheels and I'm not sure if I can even find a decent radial 9.00/20 tire. I still need to make sure they are not split rims also. Since it has a smaller 10 lug bolt pattern I'm not sure what my options are as far as replacement/Upgraded wheels are.

If I could find drums and related brake parts, I'd consider fixing and using whats there.

So that's why I'm considering the different suspension, drive line, brakes, and steering upgrades.

My thought process is in line of some of the other projects I've have. Upgrades to suspension, brakes, drive line usually makes a vehicle safer and more enjoyable.

I bought the truck to use as a working project. Just as the LS swaps are common upgrades in 1/2-1 ton trucks I figure small diesel engine would be kinda neat in a classic truck.

I'm always open to hear what other people have as far as places to find parts or upgrades.
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote