View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 PM   #21
71'tahoe

Re: 1967 C-50 Dump truck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
If you can't find a new Exhaust Manifold anywhere, you should be able to find a good used one easy enough. If I remember correctly, they are all the same, 230, 250 and 292's, but I would verify that to be sure. Not including the Integrals.

I've never had a problem with Points, but may do like to upgrade, although I hear that they are not perfect as well. If you decide to keep the Points, go with a new high quality set along with a new Condenser and check the Gap at every oil change.
From what I've read so far is the C10/20/30 manifolds all have an angled dump where the C50/60/70 are straight down. I've done my fair share of welding so I may try to stick weld it with a high nickle rod. of course I'll do all the normal steps involved with cast iron welding.

I also just read several forums about doing an HEI distributor swap. So that will be one the list of things to do this week.

Right now I'm most concerned with the brakes. I will be searching diligently this week for drums. I believe I can send out the shoes and have them relined. Then there is the wheel cylinders. I'd sure like to do a modern disc swap with a hydro-boost.
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote