Thread: opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 02:49 AM   #2
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: opinions

The best thing you should done was come around back in 2006--2009 Metal was up to $500 - $900.00 a ton I could of set you up with anything for 1200.00. $300 finder fee But now your left with all the hand me downs and someone that thought it was a good Idea to strip a truck down and sell it as a full truck in Boxes and wanting full Price.

Now before you get into Options do you know anything about these truck the flaws that some of them had and what parts to really Keep your eyes open fore cus it makes your life so much Better and makes your truck look more like a factory truck instead of a Put together modal.

Let's start off that you Know nothing about these trucks your dum as a brick. Or a better word for it a Newbie.

That's OK cus if you admit to that you are. Smarter than the countless others that think they know what they're talking about.

If you're already Bought a 1969-70 truck already and you want to start swapping parts.

I say that my Grandfather told me once Best off buy a truck that fits what you want an add the little parts.

Sound like you want to reinvent the wheel. I see it will cost you more time and money and if you know nothing about what options work well with these trucks you will grow tired of your truck in 2-3 years and sell it as parts.

One rule to when you start working on these trucks. Keep it running and drive it as much as you can. Once you tear it down to nothing you lose interest then it goes on the back burner.

So whatever you do Keep it running an driving. Then get a game plan buy all your parts get them painted or Powder coated get your new engine built.

Then get your rear end done.

If you can find another Frame to do some test mocking up on Puts you way ahead of the Game. Engine brackets are you going with aftermarket brackets or Factory Brackets.

What are you trying to make your truck into a Drag truck a factory stock truck or a trailer Queen?

Here is One more speed Bump that if you have not heard The USA is trying to get us off Using Gas so think making your truck go electric motors.

But Parts you might want to look for if you don't already have them makes my life easier doing it this way even though I own 9 chevy trucks 1964--72 2 3 door suburbans and 1 1968 longhorn and a mock-up 1971 big block nova. But getting back to useful parts.

The Power steering brackets came on 1969--72 chevy trucks.

Using the 1973 Corvette HEI plug wires that run under the motor and throw the front motor mounts if you use Ram Horns.

The Edelbrock duel plain intake uses the 1964--68 truck Thermostat housing It points straight at the radiator so you can use the temp sending unit on the intake manifold instead of having it on the side of the head. Where the wire always burns up.

If you're like your turn single side markers to Flash while you make a right or left turn Buy 1971 or 1972 front light harness if you're going to shave the side markers then order the 1967 light harness.

If you think about going Cheap on either one of these Please don't it will come back to bite you in the Butt later Use the re-pop M&H wire harness for your truck spend the 900.00 and all your Power issues will go bye bye.

The last one your front end bushings use MOOG replacement parts on all your screw in bushings change everything upper and lower ball joints an get it alignment.

Run BFG TA 15 inch tires they will last 80K Buy them from Tire Rack No tax an no shipping Cost on your tires plus you get road hazard. If you don't use 15 Use tire rack anyways. Save you a few bucks

here are a few picutes
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote