Thread: opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 01:51 AM   #8
Psudokiller

Re: opinions

so the first guy is basically telling me i should either scrap my truck or take it completely apart again and restore it to factory original, and then is telling me how to do it, all the while telling me how stupid i am.

the second guy realizes that the truck is already built and basically said not to worry about the numbers and have fun cause numbers mean less than some people think, and is generally being respectful

the third guy wants pictures and thinks that a small block chevy cant hold very much power without blowing up

fourth guy thinks anyone who builds a purpose built dragster is only doing it cause of street outlaws

and the last guy its actually offering advice about my build and giving me some proper feedback and opinions and direction on where to improve.

so here is my response,

to the first guy (stsalvage), the truck is already built, i am not going to scrap it that is retarded, and im not going to tear apart my project to do it how you think i should, this will never be a daily driver, i already have one

to the second guy (special-kl), you seem to be one of the smart ones, thank you for your honest opinion and you have a point about not worrying about the numbers.

to the third (grumpy old man), i will probably post pictures soon on a separate thread, as to the not making one dyno pull before blowing up part, i find that very hard to believe as my uncle currently has a fuel altered dragster with a 355 SBC iron block injected on nitro-methane
and i have seen stock blocks well over 1000hp in person

to the fourth guy (gasoline71), it is a very ignorant comment to think that the only reason someone wants to build a fast car for the TRACK is because they watched too many street outlaws episodes just because they want to keep it street legal, thats like thinking that some dude with a 1000hp built supra is watching too much fast and furious, which is not always the case

to the last guy (scott123), thank you for your advice, i see what you mean about the cam and heads, i was honestly worried about that limitation myself, which is part of the reason i made this thread, since you seem to know what your talking about, would you be willing to give me an example of the type of cam and head combination you think would work better for my build to get the most out of the setup, thank you.
Psudokiller is offline   Reply With Quote