View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #212
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

After the Brothers Truck show we dropped the truck off at Doug's Headers. They built us some easily removable 1.75" primary, mid length headers and 2.5" mid pipes for it. We kept the tubing smaller for better velocity.

We just started mocking up the Magnaflow 3.5" I/D mufflers yesterday. They will be tight up against the Derale coolers so we'll build a small heat shield there.

We also began mocking up the Wilwood tandem brake pedal assy. I wanted the pedal as high as possible so we could get the most ratio possible. As it sits we're at about 9:1. The dash will make servicing the master interesting. Will likely make the dash top pin on for easy removal. I'm still not sure what the gas pedal will look like and whether it will be pull or push yet. The throttle body will be rotated 180 degrees from normal so the cable can go right down the valley. The problem is that the valley is behind the pedal. So the cable will have to go back and around the Astrovan cover and up into the valley.

Once again, I got a little rambunctious and cut the inner roof structure out. The first two pics are dark so it's hard to see but the 3rd pic shows all that was removed. It was worth 30 lbs

We've had a few different sets of wheels on the truck to get it around the shop. These are some that we borrowed from Schott for another display chassis. They're 18's & 20's with way too tall of a tire so it doesn't lay frame with them.

slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote