View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
mr48chev

Re: **Caution** GMC content inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood1 View Post
I agree with Chevette. And theres nothing wrong with the long beds, they're bad ass when they're lowered!! Pictures look pretty good and the GMC guys would love this truck. '54-'55.1 GMC I'd say is a pretty good find being a 1 1/2 year body style just like the Chevy.
One thing I don't understand(or never read) is why GMC made a long bed 1/2 ton and Chevrolet didn't(to my knowledge)??
I like it anyway.. Have fun
I believe you are correct on that one. My longbed 1/2 ton frame is a GMC frame that looks just like a Chev swb frame with a bit of extra length added in the middle.

Grumpy the front end is probably 67/69 Camaro or it could be 64 to 72 Chevelle or similar body style. In the early 70's you could get those cars with disk or drum.

If the steering box is behind the crossmember the front end is first generation Camaro or Firebird. If it's in front it would be the Chevelle type.

You should be able to use a 72 Chevelle/Monte Carlo disk brake setup with your spindles by unbolting the backing plates and bolting the 72 Calipers on.
I did that on the Camaro stub I put under my 48 and then did it again on the Nova stub I put under my 51 Merc. It's all unbolt and bolt back up with no modifications.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote