View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #204
Old_Truck_Fan

Re: Project "Financial Burden": 1968 SWB C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
No dropbox? Do you think you will be able to get to the battery easily when needed? And in case of needing a jump, are you thinking of installing one of those nice connectors that you end up cutting off one end of battery jump cables and installing the connector? That setup in pretty slick, I would have went that route if I didn't already buy my remote battery jump posts for engine bay.

This is the connector i'm talking about: https://www.zoro.com/anderson-power-...BoCyisQAvD_BwE

Truck is gonna be badazz btw. Nice work.
Thanks for the comments TA_C10. My battery setup will be somewhat difficult to install and service. I made a battery mockup out of cardboard and there is no way to install it with the battery box bolted up. The bedside and bedside brace don't allow for much room. And I'm sure twisting a 50lb battery around will be a lot harder than a cardboard box. I'll need to install the battery in the tray, then lift it with a jack up to the frame and bolt the tray on. It's not ideal, but it's worth it to me to have it mounted as high on the frame as possible. I considered a drop box (much like your setup, nice build by the way too!) but I didn't think I could mount it as high up as I wanted. I'll need to give the jump start thing some thought, I had not given that much consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
I like the 34/78 batteries. I use side post cables. Many folks hate the side post stuff because of leaks, I've never had a leak problem. The additional top posts along with the side posts allow easy jump starting...
Thanks 68Gold/white. I'm just now learning all the battery lingo. I'm not sure I can package the top post with how high up the battery will sit, but that would fix the jump starting question. I'll need to take some measurements from an actual battery to confirm.
Old_Truck_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote