View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #888
Chulisohombre

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
(Actually a couple days ago..) Installed new seats, so my kids have shoulder belts. These are from a 2010 Escalade.

I did the mounting a little different than others. I don't care about the removable rails for the rears, so I removed all of the brackets, which leaves you with seats with nice flat bottoms and flat metal tabs to mount to. I welded a simple metal frame, which reused the legs off the original seats (bolts into the stock mounts in the floor). I have amplifiers under the seat that I wanted clearance for. The Drivers side also only used the seat, stripped of all the factory frame, and then mounted pretty easily to my pre-existing sliders. The passenger seat kept the flip/fold base from the Cadillac, it's nice and flips up like it was meant for the Jimmy.
Looks real nice. I want to do the same at some point.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote