Old 04-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #47
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Crew Cab build preview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feller View Post
Subbed!! Nice work man
Thank you!

I worked on it all weekend, managed to fit the rockers on the RH side, the front one I glued on with 3M panel bond adhesive and a few spot welds, the rear one I plug welded, no panel bond. I full plug welded that one since I didn't replace all the inner rocker panel and it had light surface rust and felt the panel bond wouldn't achieve full strength to the rust so I treated the rust and then welded it.
I also rebuilt all 8 door hinges and reinstalled the doors on the RH side, took a bit of work but now they fit real well.
I also patched both front door speaker holes with panel bond adhesive and a steel patch.
In addition I discovered I needed new front inner seat belt mounting holes with reinforcements since the old suburban holes were basically in the front floor area of the rear seating compartment so I went out back and cut the floor reinforcements from a donor cab and welded them in. You can see the old seat belt holes in the first picture along with the new holes next to the seat mounts, I was going to use the old mounts with suburban seat belt covers but that would have looked dumb.
Fitting the doors, rebuilding the hinges and installing the seat belt reinforcements eat up a lot of time but it needs to be done....
Attached Images

randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote