The Older Generation

Re: Making Keys For The ’60 -‘66 Chevy Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
I agree!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
I learned how to make keys and re-code lock cylinders while working the parts counter at a Chevy dealership about 20 years ago. It's not too hard. If you find a dealership that still has an oldtimer behind the counter, there's a little hand-held device that will punch out a new key to match the coding of your lock cylinder. Easy to do and not too expensive.
I have a couple of the Curtis hand held code cutters. One of them came from a closed dealership auction. You have to have the code book that goes with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbrown View Post
Funny this thread should pop up now.. I had to drive my 63 to work today because the brakes on my 97 were acting up.. Anyways I work in Detroit ,and hate the fact that mine doesn't lock .. I always make sure I have a clear shot from the store to see my truck .... It would sure be nice, then I would have to make my vent windows lock ,..lol
I would go ahead and have keys made for the door locks, it would be a deterrent because of the time involved if they had to open the vent window and reach in to open the door....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote