View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 AM   #3
jarrodblake

Re: C30 first gen cummins swap part what did you use for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Get yourself a 3/4" pipe plug and drill and tap it for the stock chevy temp sensor. The power steering lines from the 92 dodge might work. If you put a 78 or so up steering box on it they should work. You could use a throttle cable for a 94-98 dodge diesel or maybe even a 5.4 or V10 gas super duty cable. I used a freightliner FL70 one on my truck. I haven't used any of the one wire alt conversions. I have used the ford external regulators to control the dodge alternators. You can get a diesel sending unit for the burb tank and then the feed line is larger and yes it should be the same 0-90ohm for the gauge.
Thanks for getting back to me. The stock chevy temp sensor ended up being 1/2 npt. So I ended up using a brass 3/4 npt to 1/2 npt adapter.

I think I may break down and buy the https://www.dieselconversion.com/che...v-cummins.html line, I was hoping I could cheap out and buy a adapter fitting or a cheap line that already had the ends I needed.

As for the throttle cable I ended up buying a cheap universal cable off amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795B2518...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I ended up ordering the one wire conversion kit. I emailed the manufacturer, they said it should work, if not i'll try a ford unit.

Awesome, I did not even think of using a diesel sending unit in the tank.

At the moment I have been trying to decide the best way to make the turbo clear the heater box. I want to run a hx35 I had bought for a different project that didn't happen. But the heater box is in the way I can't even get it on. The h1c goes on no problem but I can't fit a downpipe. My two options are 1, flip the manifold or 2 cut the heater box. I don't like the idea of cutting the box as I hate working with fiberglass. But at the same time. I think it would be more wore to flip the manifold. Mainly I am afraid I will snap one of the rear bolts and not being able to get to it with a drill and have to pull the engine.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote