View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #264
TKCR

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd4de3 View Post
Here's mine, bought it to restore with my son 2yrs ago. Money got tight and we haven't had time to work on her. The plan is to get her running/driving safely, then start on the body work. I want to shave off all the chrome, get a cowl hood and drop it, maybe a 3/4 or 4/5 drop. I have 18" wheels and 245's up front 265's in the back. Thinking two-tone with a black bottom and silver top. As you can see, I've already flipped the tailgate handle to the inside and smoothed out the tailgate. That's where everything stopped about 2 years ago.

One question I do have... Is it easy to take the trim off the cab that goes under the back window, that big 2-inch piece?!
The corner pieces also have a nut holding them on. If you reach up inside the cab where the rear speakers are (if you have them). if you put your arm up inside the opening, you'll fell the nut inside there. Once those corner pieces are off, the long piece should slide off the clips.

And just for FYI, you can fetch good money on ebay for those pieces if they are in good shape. They are very hard to come by. Actually any of the parts you take off and don't reuse, don't throw them out, people will buy it.
TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote