View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #26
67chevy1series

Re: Dbear's '71 4x4 Burb with some USA Military Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBear View Post
Have some progress to report....

I have finally got the front clip, minus the hood and grill, back on the rig! I am really happy how it all went back on. I put an '68 GMC front clip on, for I like the sleeker look. I would rather had put a 67-68 Chevy clip on it, but this was more in the budget for me. I used new core support bushings, and all the sheetmetal is original stuff, just has the battle scars from something that old, which I like the vintage look instead of shiny new....not that there is anything wrong with shiny, just like this rig looking old! In the pics, I have two different tires on so I could decide which to go with, and I decided on the BFG Mud terrain KM2's, which is the one on the front.

Got the instrument cluster back in....I did some touch up and surgery on the old parts in it....and praying it all works!

My next step is to wire up the 6.2L Diesel motor, and then work all the bugs out. Will have to get the new 700R4 all adjusted out also....

Wish me luck....I just hope the motor runs.....and runs as good as I think it will!
what size rims are those?
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote