View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #2582
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number98 View Post
I like the white grill, I think it gives the front end a better look.
Yeah I also like the white top as well but don't know if I want to do that much of a two-tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
My vote is all red.
The reason why is because if the grill is the only white part on the truck it feels disconnected and random.
Now if you had a cowl induction hood and striped it then it would make sense.
If I did the grill white then I would also paint the tailgate letters white so it ties together, I have thought about doing the white top too but I'm scared of getting in over my head with a two-tone paint scheme being a rookie painter. Masking off the little area on the fenders to spray white would be easy but the roof just seems a little complicated because its a much larger area and the upper hoop of the doors would need to be sprayed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx289 View Post
I vote for White.
Thanks Tom, i probably still have a couple months to worry about before I'm ready to paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low68 View Post
Truck is looking awesome! Paint work sucks. Of all the things I have done on my truck over the years painting is the part I hated the most. It is, however, a great sense of accomplishment when you get it done and know how much work went into it. Keep up the great work!

Also, I vote for all red as well.
I don't mind the painting but the bodywork and sanding sucks, every time I'm doing it I just say to myself this sucks but your right when I finally finish this truck I'll be really proud that I did 100% of everything myself and didn't farm anything out to somebody to do for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
This.

I'm going white grill inserts on mine but that's because mine is a base model with white bumpers and mirror. If my truck was a fleet it my goal would be nearly identical to the 1st rendering.
Believe me I love the all Red too but it seems like every 67-68 fleet I see is like that. Part of me would like to do something different from the crowd but in the end I'll probably just end up spraying it solid Red to keep it simple.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote