View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #23
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
68C15- the way I had it set up(my hoses I mean)I was able to pull vacume after changeing cans.
It was like this:screw can to tap.Close valves on gauge.Open valve on can tap,pull vacume on lines,cut off vacume,close can tap valve,pierce can,open can tap valve,then open low side valve on gauge.

Also in regaurds to the blend door.I rebuilt the whole A/C/heater box.The blend door was cleaned,lubed and the seal around that door was in remarkable shape,soft,supple and not deformed.
I made sure the door was closeing properly when I reconnected my cables as well.
To top it off I clamped off both my inlet and outlet hoses to the heater core,just to make sure no hot coolant was effecting things.

I think I will try to fab up an outer shroud to try and direct more air through the condensor.
I don't really want to add ANOTHER e-fan (that would make 3)and would prob. go to a parallel flow condensor before I did that.

I still need to adjust the cutoff switch to cut the compressor off at the presures you guys have mentioned.

Last edited by augie; 04-13-2011 at 01:04 AM.