View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #53
k2rm

Re: Ashtray slide out LCD screen

Here is the rest of the assembly.

(1st Picture) I cut a L-bracket from a hardware store to fit to the LCD bracket that came with the screen, and allow for the attachment of the second post endclamp with a 1/4-20 nut. I drilled holes in the L-bracket to match the holes in the LCD bracket and used 3/8" barrel bolts to attach it. The L-bracket was painted flat black. This second post endclamp acts as the hinge and the spring thumbscrew sets the tension so that the screen can be tilted at any angle without it flopping down.

(2nd Picture) The ashtray door is removed from the ashtray by drilling out the two rivets. To attach the ashtray door, place the door over the top of the bracket. The brace will not be at the right angle, so it needs to be slightly bent to lie flush with the L-bracket. I placed industrial strenght 3M double stick tape on the top of the LCD bracket and attached the door. The double stick tape holds the door inplace for the next step and adds additional cusion and support since we can't drill through the door.

(3rd Picture) The ashtray door is secured to the L-bracket by drilling two holes through the door brace and L-bracket and screwing them together.

(4th picture) Attach the rail car and hinge assembly to the LCD bracket assembly.
Attached Images

k2rm is offline   Reply With Quote