View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #91
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Re: POLL: Holley? Q-jet? or Edelbrock? Let's finish this once and for all!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
He is the best techincal writer hands down......just google him!

Of course he's scary with Holley's because he's about POWER.....and you don't build big and I mean big HP with the Ed's or the jets. Please don't come back with the 500 HP Q-jet motor. I said BIG power.

BTW....where are the blow thru Q-jets??? This carb was posted over in the "engine and drive train" forum a couple of weeks ago but I guess it's time to bring it over here so the over 1,500 viewer that haven't commented can see how you make BIG power. This is on a street driven 427 small block. Pro-charged and making a tad over 900 hp on pump gas.

Yes I realize I'm getting carried away. A performance comparison between Holley and Q-jet is not a fair one.

(man....I'm a sore loser).
That's a pretty serious looking carb! What cfm is it?
68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote