View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Tinker1980

Re: 1989 S-10, wrecked... Scrap or Repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70BLAZERX2 View Post
Tell your insuracne co.. you want a replacement one just like it,If they or you find one on the lot..for say like 3500 ...they will settle for that,and if they dont..make a call to an insurance comissioner...then they will do it...So find one just like it with the same miles and options..and ask them to get it..
I didn't know I could do such a thing. The other half has been looking at other vehicles for sale, so it looks like the little truck will be hauled off. I may try to strip a couple of easy-to-sell parts of it. (It has an excellent 700r4 transmission and a 4.3 with 123,000 miles, and the wheels may be worth something)

The insurance company of the person responsible for the accident has appraised it, and said it's totaled.. I hope now they don't drag their feet about it, (I call, and everybody is "very sorry they aren't at their desk right now...") and hopefully they don't pull a "It's worth $400 so that's what we're giving you for it".

On another note, we have, as a rental, a 2010 Cobalt. I Will Never Own One Of These Cars. It's terrible. Blind spots galore, A/C doesn't work as well as the A/C in the S-10 did, and it's s-l-o-w. You hit the gas, the car actually slows down for a couple of seconds, and then starts to gradually get going faster. I got too used to my C1500 with the 350 and 5 speed I guess.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote