View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Why go through the middle man when you can go right to the supplier?

If the cheapest price is the only goal then I would prefer you do go direct. But when you have issues with the item or when they can't help or won't help or they want a CC to ship another and it takes 3 weeks to get it straight, Please don't call me for help.

There are several large distributors that have retail outlets under a different name like Key Parts and Top Banana (formerly Tri Pro Automotive), MBM and Pirate Jacks, Counter parts and Truck and car shop. The Hoffman Group has one as well but I don’t remember the name of it. Some of these companies do sell to the public at the same price as they sell to their dealers (they don’t think we know). I try not to use companies that compete with me directly and in the same venues.

When going direct the MFG/DIST expects you to know what you’re buying. When its wrong you have to try to resell it or ship it back and pay restocking fees. Going direct almost always the shipping is on you both ways and if you don’t have a UPS contract then you’re paying retail shipping which is outrageously expensive.

Last edited by dwcsr; 09-25-2010 at 12:02 PM.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote