View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:51 PM   #88
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

thanks guys

I trimmed, trimmed and trimmed some more. I measured down from the support rods, added an inch (for my eventual crossmember) and cut the original core support

my adopted son helped and did the lifting (here is a funny aside, I could NOT find the handle for the picker! I had to use a jack handle, but the correct handle is in this picture... look around)

I got into a cycle where I couldnt get enough trimmed. turns out I didnt have any bolts in the cab mounts and it was walking around as I shoved on the frame. this did give me another 1/2 inch at the engine, good!

I did need to trim the frame horns a little more, but I left the meat on the bottom for the bumper mount.

I also drilled out the fender bolts. after 75 years there was no amount of heat or penetrant that was going to loosen them up, so I made them 5/16 and I will weld new 1/2" nuts inside.

after more trimming, this is where I am at

motor tucks in nice

The front needs to drop another 2 inches, I will check the alignment again after that, but I am thinking its good with the wheel slightly back. Its not a "more work" thing, I can move the cab mounts back easy because they are just tacked, and I havent mounted the core support yet. any thoughts?

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote