View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #116
paintman

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokellurself View Post
Hey any of you guys running tanks under the beds in your truck, how/where are you running the breather vent?
I'm running a mustang tank under the bed. I bought a neck with a built in vent from tanks inc., I think or maybe it was fillerneck.com. problem is the tank sits up so high in the frame there is very little room between the tank and the bed wood and I had to cut the vent tube down a bit. I also leave my gas cap slightly loose to let her breath. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with my fuel guage as I have a constant empty problem. For now i am just using the stick method to check my fuel level because I don't want to pull my dash apart.

It's amazing how many people have issues with the gap between the booster and the MC You would think they would set the proper gap at the factory when it is assembled. I still have the same problem as you. I have zero pedal for the first 1-2" then I get a good pedal. It may be because I have a small leak at the rear residual valve. When I address that issue I think I am going to try an 1-1/4 MC.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote