View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
lsxponcho

1997 Silverado Stepside Project

Hey everyone! Its been a long time since I posted on my last oobs project.

I sold the truck in this stage and moved on to some car projects for a while. Of coarse life continually got in the way of those too, and I ended up selling them off too. In the summer/fall of 2014 I started hunting for another rcsb for a toy, and I found this one 3 hours away from me: blown 4.3/auto, 200k, maroon interior, drop shackles, 454ss wheels. It was a little beat here and there, the interior was a little dumpy, but it was perfect for my needs...and cheap lol.

My core plans off the start were to swap to sbc, and lower it. I really wanted a muscle truck, but also wanted to keep sort of a sleeper vibe, so nothing really dramatic to give away it was anything special.

My first purchase (which made no sense at the time)was a set of bfg's, 275/60's for the rear, and 235/70's for the front. Then I ditched the LMC grille, in favor for stock chevy I had laying around with black bowtie.

I pulled the dead drivetrain, and front suspension, and got right to cleaning and painting, to get ready to install the new power plant. I was lucky enough to save some parts, and recycle the engine from my LeMans project. Its a 350 vortec with edelrock 2099 top end package (less the accessories)

I wanted to keep everything very simple, and minimalistic, so abs, a/c, and everything else under the hood that isn't absolutely needed was turfed. My main concern was how to thin down the harness to go carb, without chopping out things that were needed. At that point I was really wishing I had started with a TBI truck...I hate wiring
lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote