View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Devillusion

Re: Project: Overkill (1998 GMC SAS3500 on 40's)

Front differential got the same treatment as the frame, cleaned, chassis paint, rockerguard. Bracketry removed, new calipers, brakes, rotors, and studs all new. Calipers were ground down with a flap disc, die grinder, then caliper paint. Mile Marker stainless steel manual locking hubs, all new wheel bearings, and king pins replaced.

Greasable spring bushings from Offroad Design...nice product.

Cross over steering kit from Offroad Unlimited.

Master cylinder upgrade, ABS delete as it was not being used any longer, replaced all the steel brake lines, and also got some stainless steel braided brake lines from Orme Brothers for all four corners and the main line from frame to differential.

Started out with brand new rear disc conversion kit with the Eldorado rear calipers in which are equipped with an emergency brake. The only emergency that occured owning these was the fact that I was in a panic to replace them as soon as possible. Don't waste your money on this setup. Don't hold crap.......at an idle the truck would still creep. I already replaced them with D44 calipers and will eventually go with a drivetrain brake instead.

Rear differential was treated to a set of 5.13 gears from Yukon, and a Detroit locker to spice things up a bit...Perches welded in place, rear disc conversion on, differential cleaned up same as above and so forth.

Got creative/bored one night and was playing around with my new welder. Something different I guess......lol.

Rear shock mounts and brake hose mounts for the dual rear shock setup.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote