View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Re: NAPA disappointment

The problem isn't NAPA, it's the lame help and or management. Yoou should complain to corporate so they can put some heat under their butts.

I don't know what I'd do w/o my local NAPA store. Parts don't come from infinite sources. Many stores sell parts from the same place but have them packaged as their brand. The rebuilt parts are a crap shoot, but are warrantied. I have had good luck with those. Often the higher price part is same as cheaper and you are only paying more for a better warranty.
I live near a small town, so out NAPA is a smaller one. But I have never had to wait more than 1/2 day for a part. Often they can catch the driver enroute and I get the part within an hour. I could always just run up to the hub store about 20 minutes and get it quick. They run at least 3 trucks and the place is hoppin'. It seems every shop in the area relies on them. The manager is very serious about getting the right parts out ASAP. They had a sign looking for counter help. I asked on my son's behalf and job was filled. I asked what the requirements were, such as knowing the program on the computer. The manager said, "Someone who knows cars". He said the program doesn't matter when you don't know what you are looking for. Said it took him a year to get it down and they just help new people get it. It all depends on who is running the store, who they hire, and how they are managed. The sign just tells you where you are.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote