View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #1421
davischevy

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrlyrdr97 View Post
I guess you could say that I just found a SWB Highlander. It was hiding out in my garage. 😀 I have owned this truck for about 1 1/2 years. I have done a ton of work including paint, wooden bed and suspension. The only thing that I haven’t done is the interior. The reason that it is not done is my wife. She remarked that she really liked the interior when she saw the truck for the first time. I was just the opposite and couldn’t wait to get it changed out. I bought full replacement TMI interior for the truck. As I worked on the truck, the interior started to grow on me. I decided that I would redo the Highlander seat. The TMI interior is still in the boxes it was delivered in! The truck won in the first show that I put it in with the original interior, despite the worn spot on the driver’s side. I also found out from several C10 enthusiast that the Highlander interior was quite rare in the SWB C10. I have included pics of the truck and SPID for confirmation. I am actively looking for someone who carries the Highlander material. I actually found a cover at the C10 Nationals this past weekend, but it was $1300. Hopefully, there is someone on here that knows where they can be found a little cheaper. Thanks for the add to your page. I just saw this post today while checking out headliners.
Great truck. https://smsautofabrics.com/ has the material and the scrolls. Scrolls seem to be on backorder right now. Highlander material is expensive. We order our material and have a local guy sew it up.

BTW, Highlanders didn't have headliners. Originality may not be a concern, but I just thought I would give you a heads up.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote