View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #361
kbs71
71 rustless in texas

Re: Its Mine the World Famous 67 Dragtruck

I was in NO WAY dissin DJ or anybody else 71SWBChevy.

71drag was right, I was jus prodding with him to take it to the next level. If he's already running Alcohol and Nitrous, the only thing I can see for a big advancement is the next step, which is Nitro. It would give him quite a BIG increase in HP, but along with that would come the associated BIG cost to get the gas into the cylinders, and keep it along with the resulting BIG bang where it belongs. And in the racing world IT (NITRO) is called gas.

I can't afford to even pay what it costs to warm one of these monsters up. I don't know very many people that can afford to do something like this on their own. I was just a cluth B!T@H, and weekly rebuilder for a couple of seasons for these guys.

I also think what DJ's done to his 67 is absolutely mosterous. Being able to go mid 6's with out NOS and the high 5's with it is doing utterly fantastic.

Sometimes I get a little nuts when I start off into drag racing. That's why I usually try and not discuss it. It's worse than politics about how this works better than that and all that. I'm sure you've all heard it before.

By the way DJ, if you did take offense pleae accept my appologies. I in no way meant it as disrespecting you or the accomplishments you've made with your truck.

"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why"

71 C-10 LWB presently in a perpetual state of disassembly
'96 Toyota (my work car)
'04 Mustang Convertable (wife's car & other money pit)
Latest aquesition and why my trucks still in the garage covered with junk..
2010 Aqua Blue metallic 6 speed Manual LS3 2SS/RS Camaro (I want one of these in my truck

FAQ here

VENDORS here

SUPPORT THE BOARD here

My second favorite SITE

Last edited by kbs71; 12-04-2006 at 11:26 AM.
kbs71 is offline   Reply With Quote