View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #213
muddpile

Re: Project Tornado: A Natural Disaster

Hey everyone! Sorry for the concern. I've been lurking here ever since this truck went on the road, but never logged in on my new laptop (that's now three years old). Guess I should have checked up on this thread.

I don't take many pictures of my stuff once it's out of the shop, but here's some.

First things first, a mechanic once told me this truck would never drive straight and would destroy tires due to it's design. This tire wore through on the bedside, but it still has probably 20,000 miles on it. Looks like my tape measure/surveying tool alignment did alright. I have a stepside bed for it now, so I'll make sure nothing rubs, and can dzus a fender off to change a tire vs. having to lift the whole fleet bed. The used wide white that I replaced it with threw it's tread, so the fleetside bed is in pretty bad shape now, anyways.

It's also shiny now! I hated trying to scrub bugs of the PPG Flex and Flat clear, so I sprayed cheap Omni right over the old clear. It was fast, cheap, and wasn't supposed to last, but it's holding up well, and the truck needs paint anyways once the stepper bed is modified and installed.

My car club plaque pretty much states without saying that the truck is static dropped.

I've had more exhaust systems than I can count. Olds big blocks sound kind of funny, but I've finally settled on this setup. It's loud, but it tames down nicely at a flat RPM.

Last but not least, a great watermarked picture that turned up on the web from a random photographer that I never knew he took. This is on a highway somewhere around Fargo, ND, over 500 miles from home. It really is a nice highway driver.

It won't be out this year, but this winter I might drive it into the shop and re-vamp the bed. First, I have to get this ex-rust-bucket out of there.

muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote