View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 08:14 PM   #38
jdl71

Re: Boy is she rough…

I need a firewall and a roof skin before I can really do much more body work and neither of those are in the budget right now so I changed gears and started working on the suspension. Replaced all the ball joints,tie rod ends and sleeves, wheel seals, lower control arm shaft seals and front springs. I had one rusted spring and got lucky and found a pair of moog springs on closeout at rockauto for $60. Almost half price. Then I turned to the rear and my luck has ran out. I think my trailing arms are saveable but the rest of the axle is junk. I have taken a lot of diff covers off and have never seen anything like that. I dont even know how that happens. The pinion shoved too far back when it was setup?
Also the axle tubes are almost rusted completely through where the ubolts were. Im picking up a different axle tomorrow although its out of a 63, so Ill have to figure out something for the panhard bar. Ive read a lot of posts about the differences but so far they have all been someone putting a newer rear end in an older truck, not the other way around like I am doing.
Attached Images

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote