View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 01:53 AM   #624
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
My front crossmember had some spring in it also when I removed that same rivet when I added my sway bar also. I wondered if that meant my frame was twisted. My truck was backed into when it was about 6 months old and the dealership replaced the bedside, and straightened out the rear portion of the cab right below the fuel filler since it was dented up pretty bad. I measured everything out as best as I could and did find about 3/8" discrepancy in squareness. I just did the same thing as you and forced the new bolt back in the rivet hole and moved forward. I drove the truck for years like that and never noticed it, so I'm not gonna worry about it now.

You're making great progress man!

I think you got your $20 worth out of that battery!
Thanks! My hope is to get most of the body work done over the winter and start reassembling in the spring. Don't know if I will get there, but I will try.

I definitely got my $20 worth! But as long as it keeps cranking, I'm gonna keep using it. I also think I would like to have a bigger battery than the stock tray allows.

I'm not worried about the cross-member moving at all. I'm not really surprised that it did. Prior to removing the rivet, I read on another thread to only remove one rivet and install the bracket before moving on to the next because the cross-member will move. I wasn't expecting it to move, but not surprised it did.

Mine may have also had a minor front hit. The very front of the frame where the bumper attaches has a crack. Seems like it can be welded up without too much trouble though.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote