View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #14
harrij4

Re: Emission & FMVSS Labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by C107168 View Post
I’ve been in a long ongoing issue trying to a register a 71 C10 in CA that I purchased from CO over a year ago. CHP listed emissions label as “missing” on VIN verification form. Turned in form along with all other documents to DMV and their “Registration Suspense Unit” wrote back stating they wanted a emissions compliance letter from the vehicle manufacturer. Contacted GM for this letter and they say they can’t produce it because their records don’t go back that far (back to 12 digit VINs). I’ve been on the phone with them numerous times, even wrote a formal letter, providing pictures of every other label on the truck proving that it exists, and they still won’t produce a letter. Also, purchased a reproduction emissions label from Classic Industries but DMV not willing to accept another VIN verification form. I’ve considered legal action but don’t know who to go after, GM or the state of CA. Thinking I’d have better luck going after GM but at what cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're experiencing my worst case scenario. I had the FMVSS and Emissions decals reissued then used AAA to do the registration. Smooth sailing, but if I hadn't had the labels I would have been facing the CHP. I wonder if there's a way to withdraw the original application and then re-apply using reissued decals and either AAA or a private VIN verifier?
harrij4 is offline   Reply With Quote