View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #195
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Installed the oil pump and pan, and detailed some spots missed underneath. I was concerned about settling, because the POR15 is heavy. But in hindsight, it have been better to rotate the block when I originally brushed the paint on.

I installed the battery clips at the 2nd and 4th 5/16" bolts from the front, and the transmission lines retainer 3rd from the front. I'm not 100% sure that's what is was from factory, though suspect it is.

EDIT: And yeah they're two different colors. Two completely different situations. The guy who painted the pan took a paint sample, and he's the best for many miles. But two completely different situations. I brushed three coats of engine enamel on the block. The pan was sprayed with automotive paint, primer'd and clear coated. The oil pan looks darker to me, someone else says lighter, but then I'm shade blind.

I tried brushing the pan, and came close before I (*^)^ed with it. Then I proceeded to strip it. I wasn't planning to brush the valve covers anyway, so yeah, the valve covers vary as well. I'll try to enjoy it with the black and Ochre, and some engine compartment specials.

Call me crazy, but somehow the shade variance is lost when it's right side up, and the valve covers were sprayed with the pan.........Hmm. Maybe I'll spin it sideways, see what happens then
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-16-2019 at 06:37 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote