Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #116
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Driver Side Cab Corner - PIC HEAVY!!

So today I started to tackle my last cab corner. I didn't like how the passenger side turned out so I went a different route this time. If you look back in my thread you will see the passenger side fit 'OK', but it bowed out at the bottom and therefore wasn't flush when I put a level on it.

The drivers side I cut it all up and pieced the sucker in there. It was worse fitting than the passenger side. It was actually too short from left to right. However on left(door end) I really liked the lip and how it fit wrapping around the corner so did just a little bit of grinding on the lip and sized it up, then cut it off around the corner(cut it in half).

Here it is before I cut in half, you can see the lip looks good on left side. But then next pic you can see how it bows out again like passenger side.

Here you can see how short it is when I wrap it around the corner, then end doesn't line up on the right side.

This is where it is supposed to end up...

So I ended up cutting too much off at the top so I had to add a little material back on the top. Here is how it ended up fitting for me after getting it where I wanted. You can see where I cut in half after wrapping it around the corner.

Here you can see how far it was bowing out. I made several cuts in different places to squeeze the piece and shrink it basically to fit where I wanted it. All the relief cuts got me to where I needed it.

Those relief cuts helped. After hammer and dolly the piece the cuts closed up just right allowing me to get the piece to hug around the corner.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote