View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #37
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Project truck dream 65"

That is so true! I am lucky in that I have a friend that does blasting for a living, and about 70% of his business is for other businesses, and individuals that are restoring or rebuilding vehicles. He has been doing it for 10-12 years and is the local 'go to guy' for auto body sheetmetal. IMO blasting is the only way to go. Needless to say, I have all sorts of things blasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguini View Post
Starting repairs on the passenger side sheet metal.Inner outer rockers,front and rear hinge pillars,cab mounts,cab corner,and floor.
A fully blasted cab makes it real easy to see what your working with.There is
a local business here that specializes in auto blasting..., which is critical ! You don't want just any blasting shop without the experience,its pretty easy to warp the panels.
I'm glad I dent rush this project,I came up with alot of great ideas and was able to use them,does this mean I'm learning patience ? I'v been told it comes with age !
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote