View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #11
Denee007

Re: '72 Ford Bronco resto

When I bought the poor thing, looking at the bumpers, my thoughts initially were, I'll just unbolt what is on there and repair whatever. haha

I guess in this broncos life, people in the past get these great ideas to make the truck even truckier!
The front bumper horny things were from something else to mount a large ugly bumper.

The 200lb rear bumper was welded on

Luckily, frame end repairs are available, but the front ones, I forget which company, but they have a bunch of old frames and I bought the fronts for about 300bucks. Much cheaper than buying a new frame.

Getting the rear horns on was "easy", but the fronts were a little more challenging and there is a site which shows the "datum line" where things are supposed to line up. I used my laser beam to show me where the front pads for the body are supposed to go and a lot of other measuring before welding in place.

I have already removed the rusty front wheel wells which also had the front body mounts and when the day comes to put it all together, I'll have to put the entire body back on the frame to make everything capeesh before tacking things into place.

Gary's bugging me to watch TV, so guess I'll have to say Goodnight
dne'
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote