View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #19
shiner2001

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post

Those are the Eldorado D52 calipers with the built in e-brake. Those are the ones you would use if you need an e-brake on this conversion. If you turn those in as cores, make sure you keep the e-brake levers. As far as I know you cannot buy replacements for them. And yes you can use 15" wheels as long as they are disc brake compatable.
If I were to buy new calipers from the parts store, does that mean that they will not come with everything needed to run an e-brake? Are there parts that will ultimately have to be found used or in a junkyard? I was planning on not running an e-brake, but it hadn't occurred to me that it was necessary for the state safety inspection, so I'll have to go with the Caddy calipers it looks like. Anyone had an experience with finding the Caddy calipers new with the e-brake setup? I don't actually think that for the safety inspection that they usually even check the e-brake, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and not be able to pass inspection sometime down the road.
-----------
64 Chevy El Camino 357
73 Jeep Wagoneer 360
78 Jeep Cherokee 360
79 Scout II 345
88 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L
91 Jeep Wrangler 4.3L
98 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6L
01 GMC Yukon 5.3L

"If it's not broken, fix it 'till it is!"
shiner2001 is offline   Reply With Quote