View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #18
NorCalAnthony

Re: 1990 Suburban LQ4/4L80E/D60/14Bolt swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithT712 View Post
Appreciate it man! Look forward to seeing some pics of yours as well, I'm sure the ideas will flow from both of our projects.

Basically the block was just freshened up and left the bore size, I had thought about swapping to flat top pistons for a bit but never pursued it although I do keep an eye out locally for a good deal on an Lq9 if there ever is one.

Honestly I haven't touched the inside of a motor in a few years so its also going to be a bit of a re learning curve and figured i'd just keep it simple for now (not that swapping pistons would be a giant task)
I hear ya, I haven't been inside an engine since high school and trying to tinker with these newer motors can be intimidating. I'll be using an LS2 w/4l80e that I was able to pick up cheapish for my swap. The only downside is the LS2 has a spun rod bearing and the crank is toast so I'm having to save up for a stroker kit now... Probably be a while before I start a thread with me being stuck in the parts gathering phase, I don't think anyone wants to read about that lol.

So with your new 4 wheel disc setup, were you going to do anything different with the master cylinder and proportioning valve? Seems like some people run their existing stuff with no issues and other people have to swap out the MC and prop valve to get everything to work right.
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote