View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #127
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Customized Hot Wheels,etc

Thanks John, but what about these??? V V V ???

Showing me up again, are ya Mike? Your work is incredible. The best I have seen. I feel brave posting mine with the great work others do. But that was part of my point of starting the thread, to encourage others to give it a shot. Kind of a "If I can do it anyone can" sort of thing. I hoped to pull members' work from out of the woodwork and in your case found more than ever expected.
Mine are less "adult-like", just simple paint changes for a change n direction from anything Hot Wheels has done. I do the collect and save in original pkg thing, too, but this is more interesting. I have a killer GM truck plastic model kit collection that I would never consider building. That's what got me to thinking of doing commonly available 1 buck Hot Wheels. And being so small makes lack of detail ok. I will one day get down to more detail, but so far have just cranked out a few ideas for kicks.

I was wanting to do a hubcap look on one of these like you did on that red one. Are those the Matchbox wheels? I considered doing a red custom with this third '62, or I have some metallics and maybe a metal flake somewhere from making Christmas ornaments from pine cones. Mine are all spray can colors with no polishing or clear coat. Simple simple, anyone can do it! (I'm actually part caveman)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote