View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #675
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Good progress. That thing is going to be stout. You'll be able to park on it if you want to. I forgot how sturdy those columns you already had were. Just three of them though, right? They look strong enough that if bolted together they could be used as beams and span the distance. It sounds like you got a plan all laid out although I didn't quite follow all the details. Possibly a ledger running along the existing structures? Regardless, I will watch with interest. Sounds like you have an agreeable new tenant and it looks like you are enjoying the sunsets with reduced pollution. Sunsets here now look like sunrises.
Yes, three but only using two.

Making wall plates to mount against the walls.

Plan is mostly (totally) in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice work Rian. Looking forward to seeing how your final design works out.
Thanks Bill.

Let’s hope......

This guy lived down my chimney for three days before I managed to catch him

Created a huge soot storm in the lounge.

Went to my favourite scrap metal merchants to look for some decent steel to use in making up some wall plates for the carport.

Failed, but managed to buy a really nice Muddy Fox mountain bike for the lodger for £5.00

Back home I started to pull down walls and dig out soil as @PaulY had suggested I create a compressor room next to the woodwork shed.

Taking down the brick and block work, and being as tight as I am, I cleaned the blocks and stacked them for future reuse.

When unfit, it seems a bigger job than it is.

Archeological finds

Prepared for concreting and boxiing in.

Thanks to @JohnnyBravo for the mixer

The Galaxy once again proved itself more than capable in the shifting stuff department.

I took 5 loads of rubble up to the farm to dump on their road building rubble pile. Exactly 1km, certainly beats the 16km or 10 miles to my local council tip.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote