View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #124
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Re: 20" Truck Rally Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
Great Idea and concept. I would really really spend a lot on time on your market for these. It is going to cost a lot of money to set up and tool for these in steel. You will have to sell a loooooooot of sets to come out ahead. Once several people have them it won't be quit as cool to get them because someone else has them. Once a bunch of people in a small group get them its even less desireable. You are in a very niche market so your customer supply is very limited.

IMO the only way to make money is going to be 1 set at a time billet at the 600.00-700.00 each its going to take to make and sell them.
I dont agree at all. Lots of people like the same style of wheels. Look how many Torque Thrust style wheel variants are out there. I bet AR has sold 100,000 TT2 wheel sets and they're still sweet! I have been talking to a few mfg.'s and know around what it will cost to tool and build. If I cant sell enough, I wont build them. But anyone who is going to spend $700 each for wheels isnt going to buy these anyway, they'll be buying Billet Specialties or something. These are not going to be built in Billet. I think that would take away from the look of the rally wheel. A billet wheel would look dumb with a trim ring and a rally wheel center cap screwed to it. Just my opinion.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote