View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #1052
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Truck bought 30/12/20

V5c delivered today , guess I now feel happier, having the paperwork sorted.

Today I also assembled the rear fog light, to be mounted to replace the one currently fitted at lunch time.

Overnight, one of my American buddies, Tyler, who works for Missouri Department of Transport sent a few pics, his S10 is back on the road, had it since leaving school,. One of those, “It will never be for sale” trucks.

And his night time drive, its an interesting department to work for, all staff members, male and female, regardless of role, needs to qualify to drive these trucks and the grifters.

This one does both jobs at the same time.

Regarding the wheels, I just cannot help myself

The urge to give stuff a go and try do it myself, is just too strong.

Got these coming.

Will have the tyres pulled off, two good Bridgestones will go back on and I will buy another two for the rear, keeping one to go on the spare 16” wheel when I find one to use as spare.

A bit of work to polish and strip them, then prime and paint, must be capable of that.

Also in the post today........

A John Deere box from the USA, no idea why, but one of my favourite agricultural brands.

Here is the lesson for the day though.......

Black and silver = Construction

Green and yellow = Agriculture.

So what’s in the box??

A hoody/hoodie for Sally

Wrapped around a $5.00 Chevrolet part for the S10 , sent by Dan in Deary, Idaho, he refused to let me pay for any of it, guess he has a free dinner r two and accommodation booked here then.

The one on my trucks tailgate handle is broken and a huge irritation to me.

Postage/shipping really is a killer for our hobby.

Thanks Dan.

Friday night, a bit of alcohol, a bit of pan friend meat and vegetables, could be a good end to a rough week.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote